Conflict is often an ongoing battle in an organization. A recent study reveals that 85 percent of employees experience conflict at work, -- at a staggering 2.8 hours each week – ranging from mild squabbles with teammates to explosive disagreements between managers.
Conflict isn't going to become obsolete anytime soon, but you can learn how to handle it maturely and collaboratively with insight, knowledge, and the proper skills. And better yet, organizations can actually benefit from conflict in the form of increased productivity and improved relationships – when it's managed successfully.
The Taking Control of Conflict: How to Resolve and Minimize Workplace Disputes online course introduces the different types of conflict, shows you how to communicate clearly and tactfully, explores appropriate resolution strategies, and establishes a common-sense approach for preventing unnecessary conflict.
- Identify a preferred strategy for handling conflict
- Understand the characteristics and drawbacks of five conflict strategies
- Recognize the sources of conflict that most often occur in the workplace
- Learn effective strategies for managing and resolving conflict
- Practice behaviors that minimize tension and conflict