Being a supervisor means taking on a lot of responsibility. Leaders need to be able to delegate, discipline, move the company forward, and promote key workers. Therefore, if there is a disconnect between a supervisor and his or her employees, there is a huge cost to pay in productivity, team-building, and communication. The Supervisor Communication Skills online course is a valuable tool that allows you to learn the importance of assertive speaking – asking directly for what you need from others without being aggressive. You will discover techniques for holding others accountable while also creating and practicing the art of equitable compromise.
- Identify the characteristics of assertive behavior and include them in your interactions
- Ask directly for what you need without being aggressive
- Confront problem behaviors successfully
- Hold others accountable and manage conflicts to achieve productive outcomes
- Deal with difficult people effectively