The benefits of collaboration are significant, both for individuals and organizations. They include creative thinking, effective problem solving, increased productivity, job satisfaction, and more. But there's much more to collaboration than just working side-by-side with people. There's an effective way to collaborate – and an ineffective way to collaborate. Successful collaboration requires a combination of the right situation, well-honed skills, and an open mindset. The Skillful Collaboration online course is a soft-skills training program that helps you make sense of collaboration at work. From setting common objectives, defining roles, and establishing processes to communication strategies, troubleshooting obstacles, and building networks, this program focuses on how to structure an effective framework that enables individuals to develop harmonious and productive working relationships.
- Discover when collaboration can be an effective and beneficial approach
- Learn how to establish and successfully communicate expectations to group members
- Recognize the inward attitudes and outward behaviors necessary to collaborate well
- Understand communication strategies that foster or hinder collaboration
- Recognize the scope of your network to increase the ability to collaborate