At work, employees frequently encounter situations that spark a variety of emotions. There can be disagreements over decisions, frustration of not being taken seriously, disappointment over not getting a promotion, or even total dissatisfaction with a job. It’s important to know when and how to express emotions, and when to keep them in check. Outbursts, passive-aggressive behavior, or detachment are not constructive ways to handle emotions at work. While it is not always possible to check emotions at the door, it is possible to figure out what triggers emotional responses and then learn how to respond appropriately. The How to Manage Your Emotions online course provides the tools needed to recognize your emotional triggers, control your emotional and physical responses, and handle other’s emotions. As a result, you will be able to communicate more effectively with supervisors and coworkers, be able to channel negative energy into more positive and productive activities, and you will also promote your overall emotional health and intelligence.
- Recognize the messages our emotions send at work
- Understand the trigger-perception-response cycle
- Reframe our thinking to avoid emotional outbursts
- Replace emotional outbursts with productive confrontations
- Employ long-term strategies to channel emotions productively