The Health and Safety at Work Act imposes a general duty on employers to make sure that their workplaces are safe and offer no risk to health, but the act goes beyond employers and health and safety is the responsibility of employees too. This e-learning course sets out to provide the basic principles of health and safety. It creates an awareness of key health and safety principles and highlights the risks that are prevalent in the workplace, explaining both what the risks are as well as what should be done to avoid and remove them. It also describes what should be done when accidents occur and the measures that should be put in place to avoid them happening again. Health and safety is about preventing people from being harmed while at work, or becoming ill through work. In this health and safety e-learning course you will find out why it’s important to you, those around you, and why everyone has their part to play in keeping things as safe as possible.
- Learn more about health and safety accidents at work
- Be able to explain your responsibilities and the responsibilities of your employer
- Know why health and safety training at work is important
- Explain what a hazard is and the different ways of dealing with them
- Describe how risk is assessed and managed
- Explain why reporting accidents and near misses is important
- Describe the reporting steps to take if there is an accident
- Have a general understanding of work-based areas of health and safety including; musculoskeletal disorders, workstation and DSE equipment, manual handling, slips, trips and falls, working at height, COSHH, fire, electricity, noise and stress.