While technical skills are important to bring to any work environment, research has proven that the real success comes from those who have honed the soft skill of emotional intelligence. No organization is without its ups and downs, which is why emotional intelligence is essential. In a world of deadlines, organizational changes, limited resources, and conflicting orders, having the ability to control your emotions is essential for navigating the unavoidably high-stress environment that often shapes the working world. But it's not just about taking control of your reactions to emotionally-charged situations. Emotional intelligence is recognizing your emotional triggers and knowing when and how to use them in a way that enables you to deal with stressors and also develop strong connections with coworkers. The online course ''Emotional Intelligence: A Scientifically Proven Method for Developing the Skills of Success'', introduces the four essential aspects to honing this soft skill – intrapersonal skills, interpersonal skills, adaptability, and resilience – and strategies for developing each. It also helps you to confront issues, tackle problems, and manage change and stress with composure and clarity.
- Recognize how thoughts and emotions are connected
- Improve self-control by identifying physical cues that indicate emotions may be taking over
- Discover how emotional intelligence helps develop more positive relationships at work
- Learn how to use assertive communication to express one’s needs and feelings appropriately
- Improve the ability to remain composed in stressful situations