An organization's success relies on the performance of every employee, so it goes without saying that it is important to foster an atmosphere that allows for employees to grow with the company. To remain competitive, companies need to retain valuable employees, address problems that interfere with productivity, and help employees achieve their full potential. The key to doing this is guidance. Coaching for Development recognizes the need for employees to feel committed to their work and is designed to help managers, supervisors, and leaders alike to encourage individual performance as a means for increasing engagement – and ultimately productivity – rather than to use the traditional "command and control" method. In this online course you will learn the key elements of building a successful coaching relationship and how to best implement these elements using a step-by-step coaching process. You will also learn how to implement a development plan so individuals achieve success. In the second part of the training course, you will be shown how to apply and use effective strategies for overcoming common coaching challenges.
- Learn to discern the difference between coaching and other development strategies
- Discover the key elements to successful coaching relationships
- Understand the coaching process and how to apply each step
- Identify common challenges to successful coaching and discover strategies for managing them
- Establish and maintain a successful coaching relationship with an employee