Self-confidence and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in life. If you don't feel worthy, and/or you don't know how to express your self-worth when communicating with others, life can be very painful. Attaining these skills will provide opportunities and benefits to you in both your professional and personal life.
The Assertiveness and Self-Confidence course will provide an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and personally) and how to develop those feelings in your day-to-day life. These skills will encompass many aspects of your life and have a positive effect on all of them.
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, list and learn the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking and know how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing
- Define the importance of goal setting and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth and learn the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations