The fact remains that any organization that does not take business ethics seriously is setting itself up for disaster. Since a company is responsible for the actions of its employees, it is very crucial that every member of staff undergoes workplace ethics training. This will educate workers and keep them abreast of what is expected as well as what is right or wrong at any particular time.
Organizations can maintain etiquette while serving its clients to the best of its abilities. The actions of employees reflect on an organization’s business. Since the organization can be financially and legally responsible for its workers’ decisions, workplace ethical training is necessary to keep things in check. Here are five workplace ethics training activities employees can engage in:
- Draw up a detailed business ethics code – The Human Resources Department should create a code that has full descriptions on how to deal with situations in the office which call for ethical decision-making skills. This should include what is believed to be acceptable as well as unacceptable practices.
- Play out realistic or real-life scenarios and use case studies as well – Get employees to discuss possible issues and its consequences.
Create real-life scenarios and get employees to pitch in with ideas on how best to handle such situations. This will entail examining all options and come up with solutions that follow the organization’s code of ethics.
- Get employees to undertake ethics dilemma discussion – This is a chance for the employees to work out various ethical dilemmas that may crop up in the course of day-to-day business activities and go for the best route to follow.
What happens if a coworker is harassing another employee? What do you do if you come across a supervisor bullying a junior officer? What do you if a customer lashes out at you? These and more need to be discussed by a leader and the employees as well.
- Act out touchy situations or conversations – This activity is best suited for tricky situations that may arise without any warning and requires prompt responses to dampen.
In most cases, situations like that leave no room for deliberation. This is why it is crucial to have a plan in place to guard against such circumstances or to handle them efficiently whenever they arise.
- Empower employees – It is vital that every workplace has an unnamed whistle-blower feature in place which allows reliable employees to report blatant or unprincipled activity without fear of being implicated. Workplace ethics training in this regard will focus on employees recognizing illegal or unethical acts while preventing phoney or fictitious reporting.
Workplace ethics training cannot be done in one day. You need to instil ethics gradually and keep monitoring to ensure that the required output is achieved.
How do you instil organizational ethics for employees? Share it with us in the comments!
In today’s business world, ethical behavior of employees within an organization may not call for much attention, especially when put side-by-side with more crucial business issues.
Nevertheless, it is vital to take cognizance of your workers’ ethical choices as they could have profound effects on the impact of your business and decisions.
It doesn’t take much for an organization to be embroiled in a reputation-damaging outrage, especially in a highly competitive world of business.
Business ethics training can create a culture where workers can thrive and by cultivating a principled workplace, your employees will be motivated to give their best at all times.
This is the major reason why organizations that carry out businesses by following ethical methods have more productive workers, high employee retention and client loyalty.
Therefore, whether it has to do with building integrity and mutual tolerance or teaching organizational values, business ethics training can help you to create a fair and safe workplace.
Business ethics training covers a lot of topics which, when combined, serves to enhance the company at all levels. The topics include:
- Customer relations
- Conventional ethical dilemmas
- Ethical behavior
- Code of ethics of a company
- Anti-money laundering
- Data protection and customer privacy
By taking part in business ethics training, your employees get to learn how to carry out trustworthy transactions with clients while your marketing team becomes more straightforward in their dealings, especially when promoting services or products.
Business ethical training also promotes:
- Well-defined expectations and results
- Useful self-assessments
- Creation of decision-making developments
- Integral feedback system
These will not only equip your workers with the skills and experience they require but will enable them to be strong advocates of your brand with honesty and integrity, which is essential in building customer loyalty.
How has business ethics transformed your business?
Share it with us in the comments!
Do you know that not less than 3,000 people lose their lives as a result of fire accidents in the United States?
Others have also been reported to suffer various degrees of injuries and traumatic experiences.
This can be quite distressing
This has necessitated the need for fire safety training in the work environment.
When a fire breaks out in the workplace, the number one priority is to get everyone out of the building as quickly, carefully, and efficiently as possible.
However, studies have shown that no matter the number of times workers have gone for fire safety training, especially about the process of evacuation in the event of a fire, rational action can quickly be forgotten.
Reports made available by CFA & MFB have also shown that workers do not have sufficient fire safety training that will help them deal with such an occurrence. This is why the fatality rate is often high and terrible.
Therefore, every employee within an organization must have, profound knowledge of the following:
- The exact way of raising the alarm without terrifying others and the next step to take
- The type of fires that are common as well as the type of extinguisher used to douse the different kinds of fire
- The procedures to follow when alerting members of the public
- The first thing to do upon discovering a fire
- How to use fire extinguishers
- How to access escape doors
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Other general matters that pertain to minimizing the risk of fire incidences, e.g. permitted smoking areas, etc.
Businesses are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of fire safety training and are ensuring that every employee passes through the program.
They include things like regular fire drills so that hazardous accidents can be avoided as much as possible.
How have you prepared your employees for a fire outbreak?
Share it with us in the comments!
As a professional, the importance of report writing training cannot be overemphasized.
Have you been faced with the dilemma of reporting to your superior or team members and got stuck?
You are not alone!
Employees are sometimes faced with the challenge of presenting information by way of reports and this can be a great drawback.
When you go through report writing training, you will be able to improve efficiency, which will, in turn, culminate in the success of the organization.
Here are five reasons why professionals need to enrol for report writing training:
- As a managerial tool – Report writing training enables you, as a professional, to organize, plan, coordinate, and motivate your employees.
It could also serve as a veritable source of information for the managers as well.
- For proper control – The information that is available in a report can determine whether or not activities are followed to the letter.
When you engage in report writing training, you will be able to stay in control of such activities and make corrections as at when due.
- Professional development – There is no doubt that reports help in professional advancement and progression, especially when it has to do with the job performance.
As a professional, your intellectual ability is brought to play when you present information to your subordinates or supervisors and it is used to make changes in the organization.
- Evaluation – Report writing enables business executives to stay in touch with the multifaceted activities their organizations are involved in.
It also helps them evaluate or appraise various units of the organization and their performances.
- As a decision-making tool – In today’s business world, lots of data or information is required to keep abreast of the trends in the industry.
Reports are the tools that supply the needed information and business decisions are made based on this for the progress of the organization.
Get report writing training today and take your career to the next level!
Does your job require report writing? How have you been handling it?
Share it with us in the comments!
Have you got the relevant skills required for sales as a professional?
Do you want to learn how to close sales seamlessly without stress?
Then you should read this!
Selling is one activity that you can hardly do without as a professional and sales is a significant driver in any organization.
Let’s dive in an take a look at five must-have skills required for sales professionals.
- Understanding the buyer – This is perhaps the most important among the skills required for sales that professionals must learn. The foundation of selling efficiently is based on the wants of the buyer.
When you identify the experience the buyer wants to have, as they deliberate on making a purchase, you need to exceed the buyer’s expectation.
This is why it is essential to recognize that unique experience your buyer needs.
- Selling in a buyer-responsive system – When a sales professional understands a buyer, what is known as buyer-responsive selling takes place.
This involves providing what a buyer wants when he/she wants it.
This might include giving a trial version or trial period to help the buyer make up his/her mind before committing himself/herself to purchasing the product or service.
- Engaging buyers using psychology – It is highly crucial for sales professionals to master the use of psychology for effectively engaging buyers.
This is one skill that takes time to achieve. You need to read materials on marketing and how to use words to influence your customers persuasively.
- Establish trust with the buyer – Buyers only do business with people they trust. So, you must learn how to build or gain the confidence of the buyer.
The free offer needs to have a high perceived value which would ordinarily be a paid one.
But by doing them for the buyer for free, you will have gained their trust, and they will believe that whatever your premium offer is, is probably worth it.
- Communicate in a few words – Concise communication is crucial, given how busy buyers can be. Try to get to the point as fast as possible without being too pushy.
There you have it!
Go ahead and equip yourself with the necessary skills that will take you to the next level.
There has been a lot of discussion among industry leaders about the benefits of professional development training for workers.
While a school of thought believes it is a waste of time investing in employees who might one day leave the organization and take the skills learned elsewhere, another school of thought thinks it will enhance productivity.
Businesses lose money on a daily basis whenever there is a job opening as a result of an employee leaving. Instead of waiting for the perfect candidate with the ideal credentials and talent to fit into the vacant position, innovative employers focus more on training or building the skillsets of their employees.
The following are a few of the benefits of professional development training for organizations:
- It increases employee retention – This is an era where employers are cutting down costs for employee training. But business-savvy organizations will only stand out from other short-sighted businesses by offering professional development training for their employees.
This will show that the organization cares about their progression in their careers as well as their well-being. It also shows that you value their contribution to the growth of the organization and intend to keep their services for a long time.
- It builds credibility and confidence – Another benefit of professional development training for employees is that it boosts credibility and confidence in your workers.
No one likes to feel incompetent as they will always harbor the fear of getting replaced by someone more skillful at their jobs.
But by engaging them in professional development workshops, you help them build confidence and enhance their existing skill set while they gain new ones.
- It revitalizes your staff – Professional development training revitalizes the creativity of your staff by breaking up the monotony or routine of everyday work.
As your employees gain new skills, new ideas and concepts will emerge and this will help to drive the organization forward in every aspect.
Their efficiency will also be enriched or boosted, and this increases productivity on all fronts.
The argument supporting professional development training for employees is more valid and will help the organization in a positive way.
Ensure that you give the necessary professional development training for your workers and you’ll have no regrets!
Do you have any challenge passing on information to others?
Have you considered empowering yourself with report writing skills?
Report writing is a skill that is usually underrated in the business world.
A well-written report efficiently conveys complex information comprehensively and logically, which is why professionals who are too busy handling their various businesses should go for online report writing courses.
Moreover, writing a favorable report is an opportunity to showcase analytical thinking abilities as well as applying strategic thinking to business growth.
As a professional, the online report writing course will take you through to communicating or conveying information in a concise, logical, and accurate manner.
The course will also examine strategies that will help to improve or develop the quality of writing skills, including report structure and grammar.
Here are five reasons why professionals need to enroll in an online report writing course:
- To convey ideas more efficiently – As a professional, you need to know how to communicate your ideas or concepts to others. For instance, if you are an engineer and need to convey some ideas to a plant manager who is not in the same profession as you are, a report that is well-written will transmit that idea to the person.
- Effective persuasion – When you go for an online report writing course, it puts you in control of both medium and material. Your proficiency in writing the report will help you convey clear messages that make an impact.
- It will save time – When you sign up for an online report writing course, you don’t need to attend classes to learn the art physically. This means that you can take the class at your convenience, whether in the early hours of the morning or after work at the end of the day.
- Proper design and layout creation – The design and layout of a report make the information within easy to understand and grasp. When you enroll for the training, you will be able to add graphics, illustrations, and designs that will make your report more appealing.
- Proper report structure – Getting the structure of your report right is also very crucial. You get to learn what to include in your headlines, subheads and so on.
At the end of your training, you will have templates that you can use to make your reports stand out at all times.
In a competitive market, you must strive to make yourself better. Enrolling in an online report writing is one way of boosting your portfolio.
So, go ahead and equip yourself with this skill today to strengthen your professional career.
More than 200 people get killed each year in accidents that occurred at their workplace while more than one million people suffer work-related injuries as well.
More than two million individuals also suffer illnesses which are caused by or exacerbated by their work, and this is why health and safety training is crucial.
No matter how large or small an organization is, workers are faced with hazards that threaten their health and safety at all times, especially in some industries such as health or oil and mining industries.
As a result of these hazards, it is vital for organizations to conduct health and safety training for their employees and to bring this knowledge up to date at regular intervals.
When workers are periodically educated on the fundamentals of health and safety, it can help to minimize accidents and injuries that occur in the workplace. This will, in turn, save the organization from legal proceedings with injured employees and permanent support for families who lost a loved one.
Furthermore, by prioritizing the safety of your workers, most of them will agree to stay on and will not be tempted to leave because of work-related ailments. This will prevent financial losses and also keep lack of competent workers to the barest minimum.
Aside from the apparent financial and legal advantages that come with health and safety training, businesses can also benefit from enhanced productivity as well as satisfaction among employees since their workplace is safe.
When employees feel secure and safe, they tend to concentrate more on their tasks, leading to better output and increased productivity.
So, whatever you do, be sure to learn how to stay safe at work.
It is no longer news that the right recruitment strategy is key to getting the best talent.
If your organization is in hiring mode, you must realize by now how fierce the competition is for top talent. But when you implement specific recruitment strategies, you will quickly locate talented employees who can align with your goals and mission.
How then do you ensure that you it right?
Well, you are in luck because we’ll be talking about the top three recruitment strategies you can implement today.
- Focus more on high potentials instead of experience – Organizations are no longer using the traditional job description. Instead, they look for raw and inherent talent that cannot only be developed but groomed towards succession.
You should, therefore, only hire talent that can adapt to new situations or challenges and has the capacity to grow into new roles or positions when the organization takes unanticipated turns.
- Search for multiplicity or diversity to power your culture – You should also ensure sure that you only hire talents with different personality types and backgrounds, different gifts and strengths. This is necessary so that they can provide you with new counsel and perspectives as well as debating ideas that will push your team to grow.
- Create the right environment that will appear attractive to top talent – Millennials do not want to be just another cog in the wheel of any organization.
They seek for purpose in their jobs or careers as well as opportunities that will encourage them to showcase their real difference. Therefore, you should create an environment that is conducive to them by letting them know the following:
- They have the opportunities to grow and advance their careers
- They will belong to a community that values them and their shared beliefs
- They will have the chance to share ideas, challenge the existing state of affairs as well as to provide valuable input
- Their future bosses will not only recognize their input to the growth of the organization but will praise and reward them for it subsequently
When you implement these recruitment strategies, you are sure to land top-notch talent that will help you grow your business.
What strategies have you used to get the best talents? Share it with us in the comments!
Organizations from every sector do not want to be left behind in any way.
This is why most of them commit themselves to making sure that their employees become interested in continuing professional education to enhance their respective careers.
But why continuing professional education?
It is the efficient maintenance and improvement of skills, knowledge, and competence, which is embarked upon by an individual during his or her work life.
It is not related to academic qualifications and it is usually required of an individual who is already employed and working in a particular sector.
Continuing professional education is vital for any employee who desires career growth.
For one, it helps to keep employees’ skills and knowledge up to date and also ensures that the standard of their registrations and license remain valid.
Not only is it important for an employee to continually seek to improve his career, but it is also vital when it comes to optimizing the employee’s career opportunities, both in the present and future.
Continuing professional education is beneficial to both employers and employees. Employers that invest in such programs stand to benefit in the following ways:
- Enhances the commitment of their staff to their roles
- Maximizes the potential of their staff
- Boosts staff morale
- Provides the opportunity to share best industry practices
- Provides a useful point of reference for annual evaluations
While for employees:
- It helps to build their confidence
- Enhances their skills
- Adds value to them
- Assists in the progression of their careers
- Demonstrates integrity
The need for professional development cannot be overemphasized and all stakeholders must strive to incorporate it into their goals and objectives.
Have you been looking for a course in project management?
Do you have doubts about the features to look out for?
You are not alone!
Professionals know that they need to enrol in project management training but they get stuck when it comes to what to look out for.
In the next few lines, we’ll take a look at what a good project management training should have before you can enrol for one.
- Time management module – Here, you will learn how to identify the procedure for appraising activity duration as well as how to determine the sequencing and objective of activity.
- Fundamentals of project management – This should cover how you can identify the characteristics and features of a project. You will also discover how to determine the variables and steps involved in project management.
- Module on the components of a project – Here, you get to learn how to identify responsibilities, functions, and skills of a project manager. You also get to learn about environments – internal and external – as well as the power of stakeholders, and the elements that are needed to control a project team.
The benefits of team building should also be covered in this section.
- Resource identification – This is where you learn how to not only understand but allocate resources as well as the types of resources to assign.
You will discover the methods for establishing costs while using activity and risk duration to amend cost estimates.
- Scope planning and project initiation – In this section, you will take you through the process of selection and commencement (initiation) as well as the elements of a project charter work.
This is where you will also learn how to recognize scope statements and statement of work as well as how to be familiar with scope documents to prevent scope creep.
Your aim and objective need to be covered in the modules or course description offered.
Ensure that it aligns with what you want to learn, so you can get the best out of the course.
The term ‘work-life balance’ was used for the first time in the UK sometime in the late 70s and is a concept which includes the appropriate prioritization between lifestyle (family, health, leisure, pleasure) and work (ambition and career). The phrase was used in the United States in 1986 for the first time.
But according to a survey conducted back in 2010, about 16% of workers in the US indicated their difficulty in balancing their family life and work. This was very predominant among employees aged 30 – 44 (which is about 19%).
Here are six components of work-life balance for professionals:
- Time Management – This has to do with prioritizing the most important things to do as well as making the most of your resources and day. You have to learn how to discern what is urgent or important. Finding out what you are good at, making use of the appropriate tools that will help you to perform those tasks, and achieving optimal results in the shortest time possible is critical.
- Self-Management – It is quite challenging to manage ones’ self, and this includes getting adequate exercise, sleep, and nutrition. Self-management has to do with recognizing how important it is in making use of the space in your life. Self-management, if done effectively, enhances your work-life balance.
- Stress management – The increase in the complexity of societies have profound effects on the individual. This is an inevitable reality as individuals undergo stress because of noise and distractions. This, in turn, makes it necessary for us to become proficient at maintaining quietude or peacefulness and figuring how to work yourself out of situations that are filled with pressure. Multi-tasking also increases stress as against focusing on performing one task at a time.
- Technology management – Technology is meant to serve you and not to abuse you in any way. This means that you need to manage and rule the emerging technology which is being introduced by vendors every day to enhance your lifestyle.
- Change management – Change is constant, thanks to this fast-paced world. To be on par with the trends, you need to be able to adopt new methods as well as re-adapting strategies which will help in maintaining a successful career as well as a happy home life. Effectual change management includes making concerted and periodic efforts to make sure that the volume of work at home or work does not defeat or overwhelm you.
- Leisure management – This is perhaps the most disregarded work-life balance discipline or component. Leisure management has to do with focusing on the importance of relaxation. This cannot be short-changed therefore taking time off is a fundamental constituent of the human experience. However, dreariness or what is known as monotony may arise as a result of excessive leisure activity, no matter how enjoyable it is. Therefore, leisure management necessitates varying or changing one’s activities.
The term ‘team building’ is collectively used to describe a variety of activities that heighten social relations and also specifies roles within teams.
It is distinctive and not the same as team building training, which is usually designed by a combination of business managers and entails development as well as learning to boost efficiency as against interpersonal relations.
Teamwork can take several forms which make team building training indispensable and vital to the success of any organization. The more the workers within an organization are put through various applications and methods of team building training, the better they will be at adopting the best skill sets to use as well as when to make use of them.
The importance of team building training cannot be overemphasized, and are outlined below:
- Improve communication – Communication gaps between employees diminish when they engage in team building training, and this is especially beneficial for introverts.
Such employees are encouraged to participate and work together, thus bringing out their hidden strengths and talents that may not have been discovered otherwise.
As teammates interact with one another, they get to understand each other, their emotions, their thoughts, and behavior.
- Encourages the development of new skills – Often, most employees hardly have time to learn new skills that could enhance their careers.
But when they undergo team building training, it gives the opportunity not only to learn but to develop new skills.
- Create team roles – Team building activities play significant roles when it comes to the development of team roles as well as the accomplishment of responsibilities that are assigned to team members.
Some individuals are gifted when it comes to managing a team while others are good at allocating the work; accomplish targets, checking out errors, etc. For the most part, each member of the team has a role to play as well as responsibilities which suit them appropriately.
This is why team building training allows members to find out how important they are to the organization, and this will help them to be eager to develop and focus on skills that will promote their careers and enhance their productivity as well.
Other benefits of team building training include:
- Improved performance and productivity
- A lesser amount of conflicts
- Enhanced business profit
- Development of creativity, trust, and confidence
- Boosts decision-making ability, etc.
Getting the right training for employees is crucial for business growth and is often a win-win for both employer and employee.
Team building training should, therefore, be on your list of training if you haven’t had any recently!
Have you allowed procrastination to stop you from improving your communication strategies?
Do you have plans to make it better?
If there is one significant function that organizations – from small to the very large – must not take for granted, it is communication.
Even one-on-one communication could be fraught with misunderstandings, challenges and that is why communication strategies must be integrated into any organization.
By effective communication and concentrating on relationships and results, businesses at all levels can leverage operational communication strategies to produce reliable results with numerous audiences.
Let’s dive in and a take a look at the top 3 communication strategies for the workplace:
- Giving your complete attention – Focusing intently – whether you’re in a meeting with one employee or a group meeting – dramatically improves the information or message you’re receiving.
With lack of focus come lack of proper comprehension and the devaluing of the conversation.
Therefore, maintaining eye contact during meetings and conversations without getting distracted encourages the other party to stay focused and be present at the meeting or discussion.
- Listening – When it comes to communication, it is not all about doing the talking. Communication in its entirety involves talking and listening to other individuals as well.
One common problem that is widespread in the workplace is that when someone is talking, people don’t listen but are busy pondering on what to say when the time comes for them to do the talking.
Vital information is missed this way and problems could arise since the information passed was not properly digested.
Secondly, monopolizing conversations is a no-no during meetings as your audience will just tune you out and your message or information is lost. Being frugal with words, avoiding fillers and fluff as well as pausing intermittently to check for comprehension or to take questions are excellent practices to imbibe.
- Be acquainted with your audience – It is also vital for you to take cognizance of the communication strategies that incites the best response from others in the workplace.
Some individuals respond faster to printed material as against checking their emails. Others may prefer and give instant feedback if you stop by the office as opposed to phone calls during working hours.
Finding out how your colleagues or coworkers like to obtain information goes a long way in the smooth running of the organization.
Mastering these top three communication strategies – for the long haul – will lead to vast improvements within the organization.
What steps have you taken to improve your communication strategy? Share it with us in the comments!
In the words of Jesse Demmel of platform engineering “Some leaders are born, many are made.”
However, to become a made leader, you need to permeate your thought process with leadership development activities that will instil the right leadership skills in you.
There are several leadership related activities that groom you to become a good leader.
We’ll take a look at the top 5 leadership development activities that will help you build your leadership skills:
- Learning to listen: A good leader has great listening skills. You need to be able to listen to those working with you. Learn to hear them out first before you shoot down their ideas. As you listen you make them feel important and they will do your bidding without feeling enforced to do so.
- Dealing with resistance: This can be achieved by organizing workshops that will address the challenges faced when professionals come across difficult clients or customers. Simulations are presented to boost their response in such circumstances.
- Creative thinking: Professionals often get caught up in administrative roles and often forget to engage in creative thinking processes. Moving away from the corporate world and stimulating your imagination and creativity is a great way to build your leadership skill.
- Staying up-to-date: We are in the information age where the world is fast-paced with trends changing on a daily basis. Keeping up with these trends is essential for professionals. As a leader when you speak about a subject you must be able to cover the trends on the subject in question.
- Influencing others: Leading by examples is the atmosphere in today’s bureaucratic world of ours. The action of a leader should serve as a source of inspiration for others. When you consciously lead by example, your subordinates will naturally mimic your acts and be guided by the rules you set.
Leadership skill for professionals cannot be overemphasized and it needs to be nurtured to ensure that you turn out to be a great leader in your microenvironment.
What activities have you engaged in that has contributed to your leadership skill as a professional? Share it with us in the comments!
It doesn’t matter if the term ‘leadership and management’ is regarded as two separate entities; the truth remains that both are essential to the success of your organization.
It is crucial for business owners and senior managers to enhance their leadership and management skills so that the organization or business continues to thrive.
Here are the top three reasons why you should enrol in leadership and management training:
- It Offers Specific Solutions – Leadership and management is a broad field, and general training or workshop may not yield the desired result unless they are tailored. By taking the time to invest in this training, you will be able to understand what the business needs precisely as well as how best to go about helping the company grow.
- Innovation – If you want to establish a unique culture in your business or organization, then leadership and management development is very essential. It will be unrealistic to keep doing the same things and expect different results. Nevertheless, when you enrol for this training, you would pick up the knack of a new outlook with great insights that will catapult your business success into the skies. Obtaining and acting on the latest industry information will go a long way in driving your business forward and planting you as an authority in your niche.
- Get empowered for success – No one is born a leader: leaders are made, and you will realize this truth when you enrol in leadership and management training. You will also recognize that you don’t need to be extraordinarily talented to become a leader. All that you need is your skill and a little extra effort on your part, and you will discover how to become empowered for business success.
It is important to be deliberate and conscious of whatever you do when growing your business.
Re-assessing where you are and plotting how to get there will do your company a lot of good in the long run.
Do you have the networking skills needed to help interact with relevant contacts?
Have you been reaching out to like-minds with the potential to transform your career?
If your answer is “NO”, then you need to change your status quo!
Networking has to do with building relationships in the long-term while developing a reliably solid reputation over time. This involves getting in touch and knowing people that you can be of assistance to, who can also assist you in return.
Your network incorporates everyone from family and friends to co-workers as well as members of all the groups you belong to.
It is also important to note that networking skills can enhance your career and needs to be an ongoing thing.
Excellent networking includes having genuine conversations with thought-provoking individuals. Your career will experience a huge boost when you connect with people – whether on a professional or personal level.
Here are the top three benefits of professional networking skills training:
- More opportunities – When you undergo professional networking skills training, whether, via an online platform or face-to-face classes, you will come across new or fresh industry practices that you can utilize.
You will also discover and learn what other professionals are using to grow their businesses so that you can apply the same strategies to your business as well.
- Boosting your skill set – Networking is virtually impossible without communication. This means that by undergoing professional networking skills training, your proficiency in communication and interpersonal connections will also be enhanced.
With each interaction, carrying on conversations with new people will instil more confidence about your skill and your ability to pitch your personal brand in the shortest time possible.
- Business and career opportunities – Professional networking skills training will also bring you in direct contact with the crème de la crème of the industry who are always knowledgeable about corporate partnerships, employment leads as well as other business ventures.
Building lasting friendships within your industry is also essential as it will go a long way in cementing your feet in the industry.
The need for networking skills cannot be overemphasized. You should get training today and begin your career transformation!
Experienced leaders have opined that leadership should be seen as an art, rather than a science. Therefore, perfecting the craft of leadership may not be possible unless managers or supervisors go through team leader courses to enhance their problem-solving skills.
Being a leader is one of the most rewarding yet challenging positions anyone could hold in the world.
A team leader who wants to be useful must possess several characteristics and traits which will encourage his team members to trust, believe in him and follow him. The following are some of the qualities of an active team leader:
- Communication – To be effective as a leader, you must be able to communicate clearly. This is one of the tenets that you need to learn when you go for team leader courses. Quality writing and verbal skills enable you to convey your message such that your followers will understand while allowing you to listen to their input as well.
- Organizational skills – This is an essential trait that all good team leaders must possess and display. When you possess unique organizational skills, you will be able to strategize and make plans that will improve or move the company or organization closer to its goals and objectives. This capability also enables you to put systems in place, which will not only guide but maintain order among team members.
- Integrity – As a team leader, you must be open and honest with your team members. Possessing integrity makes it easier for your team members to trust you as a man of your word. Integrity can also be equated with fair treatment of everyone in your team without any form of prejudice.
- Respect – Respect is reciprocal which is why you must respect your team members as much as you’d like them to respect you. This will foster your relationship with each team member while encouraging them to provide ideas or opinions on issues that affect them and their service to the organization. This will inform the team members that you value their contributions and inputs and this will make them more loyal to you.
All these concepts and much more are part of the training you will receive when you choose to enrol in team leader courses to enhance your leadership skills.
Have you taken any team building related courses? How did it help your team? Share it with us in the comments!
There is always competition, in life as in every other thing.
Businesses compete against each other across different sectors or industries, and this is just one of the reasons why executive training is essential for managers to enhance efficiency and productivity in any organization.
As a manager in any company or organization, undergoing executive training is crucial as it will not only help you manage your team or workforce but also teach you new business tactics and engagement secrets.
This is why most high-profile organizations are always looking to augment their human resources by sharpening the skills of their personnel.
Enrolling for an executive training helps you revive old skills and acquire new ones. Keeping abreast of the latest practices and trends is vital in this dynamic business world. This makes it essential for you as a manager so that you can efficiently work and apply new tactics and tricks to enhance your work.
Improving your credibility, confidence, and capability as a manager will enable you to retain loyalty and promote your longevity in that organization.
Building strong and successful units or teams and partnerships is another challenge that you can surmount as a manager who has had executive training. Having individuals with different personalities to work together as a team can be challenging.
Therefore, as a manager, you must familiarize yourself with the latest leadership styles and practices in this ever-changing business environment.
You will discover how to deal with ethical dilemmas, complexities, and how to have a positive impact on your followers or teams to bring out the best in them. That can only happen when you undertake an executive training program.
So, what are you waiting for? Enrol for an executive training today and transform your skills!
The need for effective leadership training cannot be overemphasized.
In today’s business world, leaders across public, private as well as not-for-profit sectors need to know how to deliver tangible results in this rapidly changing economy.
This may entail working with global or virtual teams which can only be possible and very useful if such leaders have undergone leadership training.
But how many of these leaders are developing the skills they need to stay on top of the trends in their sectors?
Face to face intensive leadership training appears to be phasing out gradually as more than 77% participants prefer leadership e-learning courses to enhance classroom training, according to a recent study conducted by Towards Maturity in partnership with KPMG UK.
The research was conducted to find out how leaders chose to develop their skills and how useful those training options are. Of course, this does not imply that taking standard classes isn’t essential, but the advent of mobile devices has made it easier for leaders to embark on these training programs without necessarily leaving the comfort of their homes or workplace.
Leaders are known for visualizing plans, inspiring subordinates, and planning the required course of action. The ability to use power efficiently along with commitment and optimism makes an individual stand out as an effective leader.
Therefore, an effective leadership training should include:
- Learning how to engage in conversation about how things are working – or not working.
- Learning how to develop a sense of self-awareness, i.e. every individual/leader has a weakness. Knowing these blind spots and how to turn them around for good enhances leadership skills and development.
- Recognizing good performance and having the ability to identify it in clear and concrete terms.
- Learning how to connect with others, what motivates their subordinates and how to support them with feedback and specific rewards which are personalized to each employee.
- Learning the ability to create a team that enhances one another’s weaknesses and strengths.
Leadership training is essential for every organization and its leaders.
This will go a long way to transform the work environment for good, leading to better and faster output from employees and leaders alike.