The fact remains that any organization that does not take business ethics seriously is setting itself up for disaster. Since a company is responsible for the actions of its employees, it is very crucial that every member of staff undergoes workplace ethics training. This will educate workers and keep them abreast of what is expected as well as what is right or wrong at any particular time. Organizations can maintain etiquette while serving its clients to the best of its abilities. The actions of employees reflect on an organization’s business. Since the organization can be financially and legally responsible for its workers’ decisions, workplace ethical training is necessary to keep things in check. Here are five workplace ethics training activities employees can engage in:
- Draw up a detailed business ethics code – The Human Resources Department should create a code that has full descriptions on how to deal with situations in the office which call for ethical decision-making skills. This should include what is believed to be acceptable as well as unacceptable practices.
- Play out realistic or real-life scenarios and use case studies as well – Get employees to discuss possible issues and its consequences.
- Get employees to undertake ethics dilemma discussion – This is a chance for the employees to work out various ethical dilemmas that may crop up in the course of day-to-day business activities and go for the best route to follow.
- Act out touchy situations or conversations – This activity is best suited for tricky situations that may arise without any warning and requires prompt responses to dampen.
- Empower employees – It is vital that every workplace has an unnamed whistle-blower feature in place which allows reliable employees to report blatant or unprincipled activity without fear of being implicated. Workplace ethics training in this regard will focus on employees recognizing illegal or unethical acts while preventing phoney or fictitious reporting.
About the author
Christine is the founder of The Ed Genies, Induct Online and OHS Ed. She is a trainer and assessor with a passion for helping people and organizations maximize their potential with e-learning tools and educational resources. When she is not working she loves to explore or spend time with family.
50% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER! VOUCHER CODE: 50%OFF