The fact remains that any organization that does not take business ethics seriously is setting itself up for disaster. Since a company is responsible for the actions of its employees, it is very crucial that every member of staff undergoes workplace ethics training. This will educate workers and keep them abreast of what is expected as well as what is right or wrong at any particular time.
Organizations can maintain etiquette while serving its clients to the best of its abilities. The actions of employees reflect on an organization’s business. Since the organization can be financially and legally responsible for its workers’ decisions, workplace ethical training is necessary to keep things in check. Here are five workplace ethics training activities employees can engage in:
- Draw up a detailed business ethics code – The Human Resources Department should create a code that has full descriptions on how to deal with situations in the office which call for ethical decision-making skills. This should include what is believed to be acceptable as well as unacceptable practices.
- Play out realistic or real-life scenarios and use case studies as well – Get employees to discuss possible issues and its consequences.
Create real-life scenarios and get employees to pitch in with ideas on how best to handle such situations. This will entail examining all options and come up with solutions that follow the organization’s code of ethics.
- Get employees to undertake ethics dilemma discussion – This is a chance for the employees to work out various ethical dilemmas that may crop up in the course of day-to-day business activities and go for the best route to follow.
What happens if a coworker is harassing another employee? What do you do if you come across a supervisor bullying a junior officer? What do you if a customer lashes out at you? These and more need to be discussed by a leader and the employees as well.
- Act out touchy situations or conversations – This activity is best suited for tricky situations that may arise without any warning and requires prompt responses to dampen.
In most cases, situations like that leave no room for deliberation. This is why it is crucial to have a plan in place to guard against such circumstances or to handle them efficiently whenever they arise.
- Empower employees – It is vital that every workplace has an unnamed whistle-blower feature in place which allows reliable employees to report blatant or unprincipled activity without fear of being implicated. Workplace ethics training in this regard will focus on employees recognizing illegal or unethical acts while preventing phoney or fictitious reporting.
Workplace ethics training cannot be done in one day. You need to instil ethics gradually and keep monitoring to ensure that the required output is achieved.
How do you instil organizational ethics for employees? Share it with us in the comments!
In today’s business world, ethical behavior of employees within an organization may not call for much attention, especially when put side-by-side with more crucial business issues.
Nevertheless, it is vital to take cognizance of your workers’ ethical choices as they could have profound effects on the impact of your business and decisions.
It doesn’t take much for an organization to be embroiled in a reputation-damaging outrage, especially in a highly competitive world of business.
Business ethics training can create a culture where workers can thrive and by cultivating a principled workplace, your employees will be motivated to give their best at all times.
This is the major reason why organizations that carry out businesses by following ethical methods have more productive workers, high employee retention and client loyalty.
Therefore, whether it has to do with building integrity and mutual tolerance or teaching organizational values, business ethics training can help you to create a fair and safe workplace.
Business ethics training covers a lot of topics which, when combined, serves to enhance the company at all levels. The topics include:
- Customer relations
- Conventional ethical dilemmas
- Ethical behavior
- Code of ethics of a company
- Anti-money laundering
- Data protection and customer privacy
By taking part in business ethics training, your employees get to learn how to carry out trustworthy transactions with clients while your marketing team becomes more straightforward in their dealings, especially when promoting services or products.
Business ethical training also promotes:
- Well-defined expectations and results
- Useful self-assessments
- Creation of decision-making developments
- Integral feedback system
These will not only equip your workers with the skills and experience they require but will enable them to be strong advocates of your brand with honesty and integrity, which is essential in building customer loyalty.
How has business ethics transformed your business?
Share it with us in the comments!
Do you know that not less than 3,000 people lose their lives as a result of fire accidents in the United States?
Others have also been reported to suffer various degrees of injuries and traumatic experiences.
This can be quite distressing
This has necessitated the need for fire safety training in the work environment.
When a fire breaks out in the workplace, the number one priority is to get everyone out of the building as quickly, carefully, and efficiently as possible.
However, studies have shown that no matter the number of times workers have gone for fire safety training, especially about the process of evacuation in the event of a fire, rational action can quickly be forgotten.
Reports made available by CFA & MFB have also shown that workers do not have sufficient fire safety training that will help them deal with such an occurrence. This is why the fatality rate is often high and terrible.
Therefore, every employee within an organization must have, profound knowledge of the following:
- The exact way of raising the alarm without terrifying others and the next step to take
- The type of fires that are common as well as the type of extinguisher used to douse the different kinds of fire
- The procedures to follow when alerting members of the public
- The first thing to do upon discovering a fire
- How to use fire extinguishers
- How to access escape doors
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Other general matters that pertain to minimizing the risk of fire incidences, e.g. permitted smoking areas, etc.
Businesses are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of fire safety training and are ensuring that every employee passes through the program.
They include things like regular fire drills so that hazardous accidents can be avoided as much as possible.
How have you prepared your employees for a fire outbreak?
Share it with us in the comments!
As a professional, the importance of report writing training cannot be overemphasized.
Have you been faced with the dilemma of reporting to your superior or team members and got stuck?
You are not alone!
Employees are sometimes faced with the challenge of presenting information by way of reports and this can be a great drawback.
When you go through report writing training, you will be able to improve efficiency, which will, in turn, culminate in the success of the organization.
Here are five reasons why professionals need to enrol for report writing training:
- As a managerial tool – Report writing training enables you, as a professional, to organize, plan, coordinate, and motivate your employees.
It could also serve as a veritable source of information for the managers as well.
- For proper control – The information that is available in a report can determine whether or not activities are followed to the letter.
When you engage in report writing training, you will be able to stay in control of such activities and make corrections as at when due.
- Professional development – There is no doubt that reports help in professional advancement and progression, especially when it has to do with the job performance.
As a professional, your intellectual ability is brought to play when you present information to your subordinates or supervisors and it is used to make changes in the organization.
- Evaluation – Report writing enables business executives to stay in touch with the multifaceted activities their organizations are involved in.
It also helps them evaluate or appraise various units of the organization and their performances.
- As a decision-making tool – In today’s business world, lots of data or information is required to keep abreast of the trends in the industry.
Reports are the tools that supply the needed information and business decisions are made based on this for the progress of the organization.
Get report writing training today and take your career to the next level!
Does your job require report writing? How have you been handling it?
Share it with us in the comments!
Have you got the relevant skills required for sales as a professional?
Do you want to learn how to close sales seamlessly without stress?
Then you should read this!
Selling is one activity that you can hardly do without as a professional and sales is a significant driver in any organization.
Let’s dive in an take a look at five must-have skills required for sales professionals.
- Understanding the buyer – This is perhaps the most important among the skills required for sales that professionals must learn. The foundation of selling efficiently is based on the wants of the buyer.
When you identify the experience the buyer wants to have, as they deliberate on making a purchase, you need to exceed the buyer’s expectation.
This is why it is essential to recognize that unique experience your buyer needs.
- Selling in a buyer-responsive system – When a sales professional understands a buyer, what is known as buyer-responsive selling takes place.
This involves providing what a buyer wants when he/she wants it.
This might include giving a trial version or trial period to help the buyer make up his/her mind before committing himself/herself to purchasing the product or service.
- Engaging buyers using psychology – It is highly crucial for sales professionals to master the use of psychology for effectively engaging buyers.
This is one skill that takes time to achieve. You need to read materials on marketing and how to use words to influence your customers persuasively.
- Establish trust with the buyer – Buyers only do business with people they trust. So, you must learn how to build or gain the confidence of the buyer.
The free offer needs to have a high perceived value which would ordinarily be a paid one.
But by doing them for the buyer for free, you will have gained their trust, and they will believe that whatever your premium offer is, is probably worth it.
- Communicate in a few words – Concise communication is crucial, given how busy buyers can be. Try to get to the point as fast as possible without being too pushy.
There you have it!
Go ahead and equip yourself with the necessary skills that will take you to the next level.