In the words of Jesse Demmel of platform engineering “Some leaders are born, many are made.”
However, to become a made leader, you need to permeate your thought process with leadership development activities that will instil the right leadership skills in you.
There are several leadership related activities that groom you to become a good leader.
We’ll take a look at the top 5 leadership development activities that will help you build your leadership skills:
- Learning to listen: A good leader has great listening skills. You need to be able to listen to those working with you. Learn to hear them out first before you shoot down their ideas. As you listen you make them feel important and they will do your bidding without feeling enforced to do so.
- Dealing with resistance: This can be achieved by organizing workshops that will address the challenges faced when professionals come across difficult clients or customers. Simulations are presented to boost their response in such circumstances.
- Creative thinking: Professionals often get caught up in administrative roles and often forget to engage in creative thinking processes. Moving away from the corporate world and stimulating your imagination and creativity is a great way to build your leadership skill.
- Staying up-to-date: We are in the information age where the world is fast-paced with trends changing on a daily basis. Keeping up with these trends is essential for professionals. As a leader when you speak about a subject you must be able to cover the trends on the subject in question.
- Influencing others: Leading by examples is the atmosphere in today’s bureaucratic world of ours. The action of a leader should serve as a source of inspiration for others. When you consciously lead by example, your subordinates will naturally mimic your acts and be guided by the rules you set.
Leadership skill for professionals cannot be overemphasized and it needs to be nurtured to ensure that you turn out to be a great leader in your microenvironment.
What activities have you engaged in that has contributed to your leadership skill as a professional? Share it with us in the comments!
It doesn’t matter if the term ‘leadership and management’ is regarded as two separate entities; the truth remains that both are essential to the success of your organization.
It is crucial for business owners and senior managers to enhance their leadership and management skills so that the organization or business continues to thrive.
Here are the top three reasons why you should enrol in leadership and management training:
- It Offers Specific Solutions – Leadership and management is a broad field, and general training or workshop may not yield the desired result unless they are tailored. By taking the time to invest in this training, you will be able to understand what the business needs precisely as well as how best to go about helping the company grow.
- Innovation – If you want to establish a unique culture in your business or organization, then leadership and management development is very essential. It will be unrealistic to keep doing the same things and expect different results. Nevertheless, when you enrol for this training, you would pick up the knack of a new outlook with great insights that will catapult your business success into the skies. Obtaining and acting on the latest industry information will go a long way in driving your business forward and planting you as an authority in your niche.
- Get empowered for success – No one is born a leader: leaders are made, and you will realize this truth when you enrol in leadership and management training. You will also recognize that you don’t need to be extraordinarily talented to become a leader. All that you need is your skill and a little extra effort on your part, and you will discover how to become empowered for business success.
It is important to be deliberate and conscious of whatever you do when growing your business.
Re-assessing where you are and plotting how to get there will do your company a lot of good in the long run.
Do you have the networking skills needed to help interact with relevant contacts?
Have you been reaching out to like-minds with the potential to transform your career?
If your answer is “NO”, then you need to change your status quo!
Networking has to do with building relationships in the long-term while developing a reliably solid reputation over time. This involves getting in touch and knowing people that you can be of assistance to, who can also assist you in return.
Your network incorporates everyone from family and friends to co-workers as well as members of all the groups you belong to.
It is also important to note that networking skills can enhance your career and needs to be an ongoing thing.
Excellent networking includes having genuine conversations with thought-provoking individuals. Your career will experience a huge boost when you connect with people – whether on a professional or personal level.
Here are the top three benefits of professional networking skills training:
- More opportunities – When you undergo professional networking skills training, whether, via an online platform or face-to-face classes, you will come across new or fresh industry practices that you can utilize.
You will also discover and learn what other professionals are using to grow their businesses so that you can apply the same strategies to your business as well.
- Boosting your skill set – Networking is virtually impossible without communication. This means that by undergoing professional networking skills training, your proficiency in communication and interpersonal connections will also be enhanced.
With each interaction, carrying on conversations with new people will instil more confidence about your skill and your ability to pitch your personal brand in the shortest time possible.
- Business and career opportunities – Professional networking skills training will also bring you in direct contact with the crème de la crème of the industry who are always knowledgeable about corporate partnerships, employment leads as well as other business ventures.
Building lasting friendships within your industry is also essential as it will go a long way in cementing your feet in the industry.
The need for networking skills cannot be overemphasized. You should get training today and begin your career transformation!
Experienced leaders have opined that leadership should be seen as an art, rather than a science. Therefore, perfecting the craft of leadership may not be possible unless managers or supervisors go through team leader courses to enhance their problem-solving skills.
Being a leader is one of the most rewarding yet challenging positions anyone could hold in the world.
A team leader who wants to be useful must possess several characteristics and traits which will encourage his team members to trust, believe in him and follow him. The following are some of the qualities of an active team leader:
- Communication – To be effective as a leader, you must be able to communicate clearly. This is one of the tenets that you need to learn when you go for team leader courses. Quality writing and verbal skills enable you to convey your message such that your followers will understand while allowing you to listen to their input as well.
- Organizational skills – This is an essential trait that all good team leaders must possess and display. When you possess unique organizational skills, you will be able to strategize and make plans that will improve or move the company or organization closer to its goals and objectives. This capability also enables you to put systems in place, which will not only guide but maintain order among team members.
- Integrity – As a team leader, you must be open and honest with your team members. Possessing integrity makes it easier for your team members to trust you as a man of your word. Integrity can also be equated with fair treatment of everyone in your team without any form of prejudice.
- Respect – Respect is reciprocal which is why you must respect your team members as much as you’d like them to respect you. This will foster your relationship with each team member while encouraging them to provide ideas or opinions on issues that affect them and their service to the organization. This will inform the team members that you value their contributions and inputs and this will make them more loyal to you.
All these concepts and much more are part of the training you will receive when you choose to enrol in team leader courses to enhance your leadership skills.
Have you taken any team building related courses? How did it help your team? Share it with us in the comments!
There is always competition, in life as in every other thing.
Businesses compete against each other across different sectors or industries, and this is just one of the reasons why executive training is essential for managers to enhance efficiency and productivity in any organization.
As a manager in any company or organization, undergoing executive training is crucial as it will not only help you manage your team or workforce but also teach you new business tactics and engagement secrets.
This is why most high-profile organizations are always looking to augment their human resources by sharpening the skills of their personnel.
Enrolling for an executive training helps you revive old skills and acquire new ones. Keeping abreast of the latest practices and trends is vital in this dynamic business world. This makes it essential for you as a manager so that you can efficiently work and apply new tactics and tricks to enhance your work.
Improving your credibility, confidence, and capability as a manager will enable you to retain loyalty and promote your longevity in that organization.
Building strong and successful units or teams and partnerships is another challenge that you can surmount as a manager who has had executive training. Having individuals with different personalities to work together as a team can be challenging.
Therefore, as a manager, you must familiarize yourself with the latest leadership styles and practices in this ever-changing business environment.
You will discover how to deal with ethical dilemmas, complexities, and how to have a positive impact on your followers or teams to bring out the best in them. That can only happen when you undertake an executive training program.
So, what are you waiting for? Enrol for an executive training today and transform your skills!