The need for effective leadership training cannot be overemphasized.
In today’s business world, leaders across public, private as well as not-for-profit sectors need to know how to deliver tangible results in this rapidly changing economy.
This may entail working with global or virtual teams which can only be possible and very useful if such leaders have undergone leadership training.
But how many of these leaders are developing the skills they need to stay on top of the trends in their sectors?
Face to face intensive leadership training appears to be phasing out gradually as more than 77% participants prefer leadership e-learning courses to enhance classroom training, according to a recent study conducted by Towards Maturity in partnership with KPMG UK.
The research was conducted to find out how leaders chose to develop their skills and how useful those training options are. Of course, this does not imply that taking standard classes isn’t essential, but the advent of mobile devices has made it easier for leaders to embark on these training programs without necessarily leaving the comfort of their homes or workplace.
Leaders are known for visualizing plans, inspiring subordinates, and planning the required course of action. The ability to use power efficiently along with commitment and optimism makes an individual stand out as an effective leader.
Therefore, an effective leadership training should include:
- Learning how to engage in conversation about how things are working – or not working.
- Learning how to develop a sense of self-awareness, i.e. every individual/leader has a weakness. Knowing these blind spots and how to turn them around for good enhances leadership skills and development.
- Recognizing good performance and having the ability to identify it in clear and concrete terms.
- Learning how to connect with others, what motivates their subordinates and how to support them with feedback and specific rewards which are personalized to each employee.
- Learning the ability to create a team that enhances one another’s weaknesses and strengths.
Leadership training is essential for every organization and its leaders.
This will go a long way to transform the work environment for good, leading to better and faster output from employees and leaders alike.
Have you ever thought of assessing your online training results but didn’t know how?
Would you like to gauge your performance and determine how much you have gained from your training?
Online training can only be effective when the results can be measured. You wouldn’t know if the energy, resources and time you have put in have yielded great results.
Here are a couple of ways you can use to assess your training results:
- Does your result meet the goal you wanted to achieve? Check if you were able to apply newly acquired skills and knowledge. The goals of the online training will help in assessing the result. Is it to acquire certain knowledge? Or to improve skills? Or to modify attitudes and behavior? You can measure your results by observing your status before, during and after the online training.
- Scenario-based tests are also effective in assessing online training results. It allows the learners to show how to apply what they have learned during the training. You can perform specific tasks and observe the outcome. The outcome will help you gauge your performance and rate your results.
- Make use of built-in analytics learning management systems. This will give you an overall picture of how you are progressing. How often you log in into the system and access the online training and how quickly you complete each module will help you gauge the effectiveness of the online training.
Assessing online training results is an effective way to determine the effectiveness of the training. You should ensure that you are better off than when you started the training otherwise the aim would be defeated!
Have you gotten any great results from an online training? Share it with us in the comments!
Self-paced learning is an effective way to improve your career at your pace.
You can schedule the time that suits your need and prepare yourself to get the best out of the training or class.
Most self-paced programs or courses are often done online with recordings that you can come back at your convenience.
The top 5 advantages of self-paced learning include:
- Effectiveness – Self-pacing learning is very effective as a method of learning because it allows you spend more time on what you perceive as difficult and less time on the easier topics.
- Efficiency – Self-paced learning gives you the opportunity to meet your learning objectives. It accommodates slow learners and allows them to take their time to understand what is taught without pressure.
- Reusability – Self-paced learning is also a great option for employers who have to need to provide repeated training for different employees. This means that they do not have to prepare new resources for employees, however, they can update the existing one and others can go through it again.
- Scalability – Once the self-paced training materials and curriculum are developed, as many learners as possible can be trained for modest incremental costs. The investment is often tied to the initial purchase or design of the training; you enjoy the rewards as an employee over time when employees receive the training from time to time.
- Convenience – Self-paced training gives you the opportunity of working the training into your schedule whenever it is convenient for you. This works effectively for people who have unpredictable job responsibilities. You have the chance to weave in the training around other priorities that are also important since you can access the training anywhere there is an internet connection.
This proficiency-based learning model will allow the learners have a schedule that meets their needs.
You should take advantage of self-paced learning models and transform your career conveniently, without stress.
Have you thought of enrolling your employees for a “Stress management course”?
Would you like to have a workforce that can stay calm when the pressure is on?
Stress management courses for employees does not only reduce current work stress levels, it also helps them bounce back from pressure, build their capacity to manage future stress and reduce the risk of burnout.
Here are the top stress management courses for employees which you should consider:
- Anxiety Management – This is a great stress management course specially designed for the employees who inappropriately express anger, stress or aggressive behaviors’ in the workplace.
- Anger management – Anger management course intervention helps to reduce the liability an organization might face when one of their employees behave badly. The course is designed to help employees’ manage anger. Anger is a serious issue that needs special attention due to its negative impact on productivity.
- Resilience – This is the ability to adapt and recover quickly from adversity, trauma, tragedy or stress. This course will help the employee maintain a healthy physical and psychological wellness when faced with challenges at work. This course will provide practical strategies and tools to strengthen mental, physical and emotional resilience in employees.
These stress management courses for employees are vital for improving mental resilience, reducing and managing stress and preventing stress-related illnesses.
It creates and educates the employees to effectively manage their stress and anxiety levels so they can put in their best at work.