Presentation skills training can make a great difference and determine how well you handle public speaking. Great presentation skill improves communication and helps to relay your ideas and also enhance a corporate and personal image. This form of training is great for those who have presented in the past but are still extremely nervous about it as well as newbies who are looking to perfect their presentation skills. Your presentation skill has a deep way of impacting public speaking because it helps you deliver and pass across your message to your target audience effectively. What you would gain from any Presentation skills training should include:
- How to develop relevant ideas
- What makes a good presenter
- How to plan and structure a presentation
- Developing confidence when presenting
- How to control your nerves and deal with common fears
- How to connect with the audience
- How to enhance the message
- Delivering different styles of presentations for different audiences
- How to control your speed of delivery
- How to utilize and analyze body language in other to steer conversations and influence people.
The impact of presentation skills training on public speaking is tremendous and cannot be overemphasized. When you are able to put together a great presentation, then you would have more confidence to speak and relay the presentation to your audience. The benefits of the training outcome outweigh the cost and the time involved. Above all, it will enhance your professionalism and create a maximum positive bonding between you and your audience.
Have you organized any training for your staff recently? Would you like to have workers that are well-equipped and ready to give their best?
I bet you do!
Getting the best out of an employee, however, rests not only on the shoulders of the employee but on the employer as well. Staff training and development is essential and if properly implemented, provides great and multiple benefits to employers.
The prime candidates for training are new employees; this is an opportunity for them to know what is expected of them and how they will meet the set organizational goals and objectives. Current employees should also be carried along to ensure that they stay abreast of trends in the industry.
The secret to increasing your company’s bottom line is regular staff training and development. You should see staff training as an investment as you would reap the benefits in many folds by way of business growth and profits. Other benefits include:
- Increasing job satisfaction – This gives the employee a higher sense of job satisfaction and this serves to motivate them and improve their performance.
- Improving existing skill-set – Through these training, the employees’ will be able to detect their weaknesses and skill gaps. When they get the necessary training, they will be able to maintain their roles effectively.
- Using new technology – Staff training and development helps the employee to learn how to use the latest technology that is useful to the growth of the company. Technology keeps evolving and they need to keep up with the changes.
- Staying ahead – Staff training helps the company stay ahead of competitors. As you train and adopt new trends of improving your business, you will be ahead and boast of being the leader in the industry.
- Staying on track – Training is a great opportunity for keeping the goals of the organization fresh I the minds of employees. It ensures that they are not losing focus and keep the set goals.
Staff training and development is very important to the success of your business as well as the employee’s career development. It should not be seen as a one-off event but as something to be done regularly.
You should try as much as possible to provide training that will be relevant to your employees’ current job and ensure that they translate what they learn into your business growth.
Have you been thinking of taking professional online courses?
Do you want to enjoy the convenience and ease of updating your skills with professional development courses?
You are not alone!
Thousands of professionals struggle daily to keep up with the competitive job market. Irrespective of your qualification, you will still find someone who is a step ahead, vying for the same position as you.
There is no doubt that competition is fierce!
Online courses make it easy to stay up-to-date with the stress of commuting. However, professionals often make some mistakes when enrolling for these professional courses.
Let’s dive in and take a look at the common mistakes and how you can avoid them:
- Not staying away from distractions: One of the biggest mistakes is allowing yourself to be distracted. There is this misconception that because it is a virtual class, you can do as you wish. However, online courses need to be handled with the seriousness of a conventional class. You should keep away your phone and any other form of distraction.
- Not taking notes: It is easy to get carried away as you listen to the class and forget to take notes. Do not depend totally on the resources/ materials provided. Ensure that you always have a pen and paper to take notes and write your questions as they come, so you don’t forget after the class.
- Procrastination: This is a very big challenge for online learning. The feeling of independence and knowing that you can review what you have learnt over time makes you relax. You tend to push reviewing your notes forward and might not get to take a second look for a long time.
- Opting for an online course without the required technology: Delivery of online courses are usually done using high-speed internet connection. If you enrol but have low internet speed, then you will not be able to participate and attend your course.
- Not managing time effectively: The notion that you are taking an online course makes it easy to assume that you can get your assignments done at any time. However, most students run out of time and end u with assignments undone.
Care should be taken and your sense of responsibility as a professional should be at the forefront if you intend to enrol in online courses. What mistake have you made while taking an online course? Share it with us in the comments!
Attending a professional development event offers the opportunity to make valuable connections, learn new skills and get ahead in business and shaping your future endeavours.
The benefits of attending professional development events often outweigh the cost involved as well as time spent away from your job.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should attend professional development events:
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends – This serves as an opportunity to discover your industry-specific knowledge that will help you in growing professionally and personally. You will be able to learn more about your job and expand your skills as well as your knowledge. This is where most of the business secrets that are hidden to the outside world are exposed.
- Networking opportunity – Professional events serve as a networking ground. The professional development events help you network with great minds in your industry. You get to have direct access to industry experts and tap into their wealth of experience.
- Develop ideas – Professional events bring out hidden ideas and insights that will help you improve and contribute to the development of the industry. You will have access to valuable resources relevant to your career and business. Some of these resources are books, articles, magazines as well as other relevant resources.
- Increase Customer/ Client base – In these events, you will be able to meet potential clients and customers that also attend. It serves as an opportunity to get to know the needs of your target audience and develop solutions for solving their most pressing needs.
- Sharing experiences – It’s also a way to share and learn from the experiences of professional colleagues. You will be able to meet the thought-leaders in your profession, get to see how they handle the topic at the event and expand on the theme covered to keep up with the trends.
Professional development events are ways of sharing ideas and have someone answer all the questions you’ve been trying to crack in your profession. It will make you learn more, know more and boost your career professionally.
Which professional development event have you attended recently? Share it with us in the comments!
Do you struggle with time management and often miss deadlines?
Would you love to arm yourself with the skill that will help you manage your time more effectively?
You are not alone!
You can achieve effective time management when you adopt small changes in behavior and day-to-day activities, which will over time become a part of you.
The best way to deal with any of your time management problems is to put some time management techniques and tools in place to help you monitor and track your productivity while ensuring that you stay on track.
Let’s dive in and take a look at the top 5, time management tips for an effective e-learning experience
- Set small goals – This can help you fight procrastination; small achievable goals can make the task seem less overwhelming. Tackle your bit of e-learning assignments in bits, the outcome of those little bits will surprise you.
- Map out your assignment in advance – You will be able to accomplish a lot when you set time for each assignment, making you feel more accomplished.
- Set up restrictions and minimize distractions – This can be achieved if you discipline yourself to do your assignments on time and not when you are comfortable or at the last minute.
- Set your own mini-deadline – Break modules up into a series of smaller tasks by creating milestones with self-imposed mini-deadlines.
- Ask for help – One of the biggest reasons for time management problems is struggling with a difficult task. So, don’t be afraid to talk to someone that is more experienced in your field.
E-Learning gives you the opportunity to work at your own convenient time. But effective e-learning program can only be accomplished by planning with great time management backing.
Adopt the tips listed above and you will be surprised with the results you’ll get. How have you solved your time management issues when it comes to eLearning? Share it with us in the comments!
Soft skills training also known as people skills is an incredibly important training for effective career and leadership success in various endeavors.
This training helps you build strong interpersonal skills, effective listening skill, ability to influence others, presentation skills and a host of others.
It creates a culture of learning that provides employees with the tools and resources they need to flourish as leaders, and it’s always beneficial to all generations.
Soft skills are the most important skills for millennials to boost their career, and most of these skills are difficult to automate, so it has to be learned.
Let’s take a look at top 5 reasons why millennials need soft skills training
- Millennials need leadership skill and this is one of the soft skills they have to learn. This is a practical skill encompassing the ability of an individual or organization to guide or lead other teams, individuals or the entire organization.
- Soft skills training will also help your relationship with other team members. It provides a great opportunity for getting along with others.
- Soft skills training is important for millennials who want to upgrade their communication and presentation skills.
- This training is a must for an organization that wants its employees to have high problem-solving skills. It will help you seek for help the right way from teammates without feeling demanding and also enhance your problem-solving skills.
- Soft skill training is a great ingredient for a company that wants employees with strong work ethic. This is vital to an organization achieving its goals, keep the company functioning at its peak.
Millennials constitute the largest portion of the workforce and they have to build up their soft skill to remain relevant in their chosen industry.
What soft skill have you added to your portfolio? Has it made a difference in your career? Share your experience in the comments section.
Are you a competitive professional who wants a career boost?
Do you want to remain relevant in your field as a professional?
You are not alone!
Professionals who want to remain relevant in their respective fields have long discovered that they have to continually update their skills, knowledge, and credentials in today’s competitive workforce.
The term ‘professional online training program’ has virtually become a mantra that is thrown around very often in many small, medium, and large organizations globally.
Every organization that wants to experience phenomenal growth always encourage their employees to embark on continual career growth so that they can perform better while carrying out their respective duties or tasks.
How then do you get the best from professional online training programs:
- Always attend at the time that is most convenient for you – When it comes to enjoying the best of online programs, you need to ensure that you attend classes at a period that is very convenient for you so that you can maximize the lessons/lectures. The best time is usually in the evenings after work, though some individuals enjoy rising very early in the morning to take classes before going to the workplace. Whichever works for you is okay.
- Videos – Videos communicate better and have proven to be a potent learning tool that enhances memory retention and practicality. With visual learning options, you will benefit excellently and sometimes even better than individuals who prefer or rely on text presentations or learning options.
- Switch off social media – Always ensure that you switch off your phone or activate the Airplane functionality so that you don’t get distracted by notifications from your social media circles. You need full focus and attention when attending online classes.
- Write exams only when you are ready – You don’t need to run on someone else’s timeline. You should only sit for a test or exam when you are ready.
Professional online training programs are as serious as your conventional class and should be treated as such if you want to get the best out of it.
What is the best part of your experience with online professional programs? Let’s hear it in the comments!