Are you a trainer who has not had time to attend any Train The Trainer sessions in recent times?
Would you love to update your skills and enhance your performance as a trainer? You are not alone!
It is easy to get overwhelmed and forget that you haven’t updated your skills for a while, as a trainer. Trainers are seen as experts on particular subject matters in a specific field of endeavor with a wealth of real-life experiences. It is, therefore, not unusual that such individuals are more advanced than others in that particular field, which has made them who they are in the first instance – trainers.
From time to time, however, there is a need for trainers to go for internal ‘train the trainer’ sessions that enable them to sharpen their skills, update their knowledge or experiences, so that they can stay up to date with the trends in the industry. It is also necessary that they upgrade themselves so that they can deliver the latest to new learners and offer support for existing ones. Let’s dive in and take a look at the top 10 “Train the trainer tips & tricks”
#1: Spend more time to prepare for training
#2: Practice your presentations several times
#3: Get to meet the participants prior to the training
#4: Always start on time after breaks
#5: Demonstrate first, then let the learners practice afterward
#6: Incorporate the names of trainees into discussions where possible
#7: Take a break after every ninety minutes
#8: Stop the training in good time
#9: Print and hand out your outline or presentation to the trainees
#10: Do not be in a hurry to leave after a training. It is always considered a good practice to end the sessions by directing trainees to excellent online resources. Finishing with a little extra something comes as a pleasant surprise and this will encourage the trainees to take action.
How have you improved as a trainer? Share it with us in the comments!
Are you a fresh graduate without any supervisor training?
Have you recently landed a job as a supervisor?
But how prepared are you to take on this new role?
As a fresh graduate, you have just been employed as a factory supervisor. You are given the role to coordinate the activities of workers to yield effective production of a vaccine.
After working for a year, you understood the need for supervisor training as a key component for maximizing employee performance. It becomes clear that training on performance improvement for workers, preparing a report on decisions made with top management staffs to employee or emergency situation management is not enough to help you as a supervisor.
Some challenging aspects of being a supervisor includes brewing out the best from subordinates or members; making them believe in themselves, making them feel better around you and making the management see a reason to further strengthen supervisor training and retraining for maximizing employee performance as a powerful tool to building the organizations’ profile.
In a recent study by Robert Half International Inc., it was found that as many as 80% of the American workforce are dissatisfied with their jobs. This has been strongly associated with lack of training and proper motivation by employers.
Employers now understand the need for supervisor training and are willing to invest to see that the supervisors get the best.
The overall performance of a team or project is tied to the supervisor and this makes you the most important link in the chain of growth-related activities.
Ensure that you get the training you need to move your career forward today!
How strong is your analytical thinking skills?
Can you confidently answer in the affirmative?
Well, if not, have no fear!
It is possible to develop and strengthen your problem-solving skills with regular practice.
One of the most valuable assets to have in life is analytical thinking skills, which applies to many facets of an individual’s life.
By learning how to enhance this vital capability, you will become a better communicator, thinker, and creator. By so doing, you become proficient in solving problems and implementing practical solutions.
Analytical thinking skills are methods or techniques that can be employed when analyzing, tackling, and sorting new data or information, problems, ideas, and solutions.
What makes this skill very vital in our day-to-day activities is that the skills can be utilized at home, at work, with your friends, co-workers, family, etc.
Not only will analytical thinking skills make you marketable or a better problem solver, but it also encourages critical thinking.
The following are the steps to follow to enhance this vital life skill:
#1 Play brain games – What makes this method great for enhancing your analytical thinking skill is that it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes of your time every day and it is fun to do.
- You can play mind or brain games, and even download a brain training application that will hasten the process. Apps such as Wizard, Luminosity, Happify, Eidetic, Brain Wave, etc. are the top apps endorsed when it comes to enhancing your problem-solving skills via brain games.
#2 Learn something new every day – A lot of people become very passive at learning as soon as they are done with schooling. But this should not be so if you want to improve your analytical thinking skills. Learn something new every day, and make this a habit you must follow on a daily basis. Whatever you learn must be something that stimulates your passions every day.
- Perform research online to find out topics that pique your interest. If you can, find and talk to a professional in your field of endeavor.
- Just expand your knowledge base as much as possible!
#3 Take courses online – Just like the point mentioned previously, once you determine what interests you, you can take online classes, especially in subject areas where you are weak.
- Join a book club to enhance your knowledge and aid your new-found skill as well.
- Be proactive and take action, for everything rests on your desire to improve your analytical thinking abilities.
- Focus on your weaknesses and learnt to strengthen them to make yourself better!
Most job roles have some form of formal training and qualifications to meet the requirements of prospective employers. This is why engaging in professional development training courses are vital to job seekers. Professional development can be defined as the incessant process of obtaining new skills and knowledge relating to one’s job responsibilities, profession, or work environment. The following are the importance of signing up for professional development training courses:
- It promotes employment opportunities – Going for relevant training courses opens up employment opportunities by widening the chances of you getting recruited for a job.
- Enhanced opportunity for career development – Many individuals aspire to build careers in their chosen fields as it has become apparent that employers are not always interested in years of experience. All they need to consider you (at entry level or for promotion purposes) is to confirm your qualifications backed up by Professional development training.
- Personal growth – When you go for professional development training courses, you will be equipped with the necessary skills you need to make you employable. You will also be able to enjoy personal growth which entails negotiation and communication skills, building your network of contacts as well as improved time management practices.
- Professional training enhances your understanding and knowledge of your local industry – Nothing beats professional development training courses as you will be able to gain access to relevant information about your domestic sector. This will, in turn, complement your new skills.
These benefits are more than enough to show you how important it is for job seekers to sign up for professional development training courses.